Friday, March 25, 2011

Some Videos on Awamaki's work-check 'em out!

Copied from my FB posts, sorry for the redundancy for those of you that check both:


If any of you follow my blog, this is the young man i mentioned in my first post from Peru. The video was made in an attempt to convince apple to donate therapeutic ipods/ipads (they actually have therapeutic apps!) to Awamaki for Alex and some of our other patients that can benefit from PT.  While I still wonder about the sustainability of some of our work (as I mentioned in that blog post), I have been convinced of the utility of PT for the CP patients here.  Another CP patient that I have been visiting and working with has been benefiting from PT and similar interventions for a number of years and his quality of life is much higher than what you see in this video (Alex just started PT a few months ago).  As I posed in spanish as a comment under my last FB post: our programs aren't perfect, but we are trying.  Thanks all for your great comments and support!
http://vimeo.com/21416707

This fun, short video is on Awamaki's weekly chocolatadas in the local health clinics. Trish did a great job putting the video together and yours truly has a little face time.http://vimeo.com/21378817

No comments:

Post a Comment